We're looking for someone to join our Kitchen team and to work with us to ensure the smooth running of the Deli Kitchen and a consistently excellent standard of food at all times.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To work as part of the team with the Head Chef, Deli Manager and other team members on a daily basis to provide the highest standard of food preparation quality and presentation.
- To turn food orders around in a timely way with no loss of quality in terms of food presentation or standards.
- To consistently manage and control costs associated with food production and wastage.
- To ensure the regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in the Deli Kitchen in accordance with SFBB guidelines.
- To maintain stock levels at an appropriate level for the time of year and to liaise closely with the FOH team regarding what needs cooking for that day/week to ensure full menu availability as required.
What we can offer:
- Sociable hours - Monday to Saturday daytime hours only (with occasional evening events)
- A chance to make everything from scratch - we pride ourselves on making everything onsite to the best quality we can.
- Freedom to create and develop our food offering for our kitchen, catering and event menus.
- A chance to learn and develop your skills with regularly changing food and patisserie offerings.
- A friendly working environment and part of a small and close-knit team in a growing business.
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience:
- The successful candidate will have the ability to cook from scratch and follow agreed recipes.
- They will be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with a real focused attention to detail.
- Experience in food preparation in a Café / Restaurant / Deli operation is essential and an interest in current food trends is preferable.
- A keen interest and experience in baking and patisserie is strongly desired but not essential.
- After an appropriate amount of training, it is critical that candidates have the ability to run the kitchen unaccompanied ensuring all aspects are managed effectively, including daily food prep, service, stock control and ordering.
- A Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate is required.
Hours of Work:
As we are a seasonal business the hours of work will vary throughout the year. We are undertaking increasing amounts of outside catering and Deli dinner nights which will involve additional hours of work. These are not guaranteed and will vary.
- Expected hours – c. 35 hrs per week in peak season / c. 15-20 hrs per week in off peak season
- Contracted hours – Min. 10 hrs per week
- Shift times - 07:30 to 14:00 or 12:30 to 18:00 (may vary between peak and off peak season)
- Pay rate - Dependent on experience.
If you feel you are right for this role and have the necessary experience, please pop in to the Deli with your CV or email email@example.com